We have a request from a client company to reach out in our networks and share a supply chain position they are looking to fill. They are located in Cleveland, Ohio area.
The organization has a new, growth focused & proven CEO, and is building capability for new product introduction, supply chain & operational efficiency, to get to double digit net margin growth. They are looking to develop their procurement and supply chain team to help chart the course for the future!
Your professional ability to pivot between tactical supply chain planning, buying, expediting, AND being strategic and collaborative in building supplier relationships, negotiating, contracting and supporting supply chain strategy is critical for success in this role and the long term growth plan for the organization.
Check out the position description below and send us an email at email@example.com or use the comment form below if you have an interest in learning more.
We will make a close in connection and provide an introduction directly to the hiring team.
This position is instrumental to the overall profitability and functionality of the company through continuous improvement of the supplier base, cost-value proposition and reliable and timely supply while managing appropriate inventory levels. Manages all purchasing activities and establishes strategic purchasing processes and procedures. Maintains relationship with suppliers and negotiates contracts for major purchases. Evaluates and analyzes purchasing and pricing trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and are within approved budgets. Has full authority for purchasing actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. May require 10% of travel annually (domestic and international).
Duties and responsibilities/Essential Job Duties
1. Manage/Place supplier purchase orders as needed.
2. Develop/Maintain Suppliers.
3. Develop/maintain supplier score card for improved supplier performance.
4. Develop and maintain current purchasing policies, procedures and related forms and reports.
5. Monitor PPV metric and achieve stated targets.
6. Seek cost reduction initiatives.
7. Create/Maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports; including but not limited to spend by supplier, PPV, On Time Delivery.
8. Work with Capacity Planning Supervisor to maintain MRP system accuracy to achieve planned forecast requirements.
9. Work with quality to manage RMA process for supplier returns within 30 day limit.
10. Collaborate with planning to develop and maintain metrics for inventory levels and reorder points.
11. Take the lead in managing obsolete and slow moving inventory.
12. Negotiates with suppliers for goods and services; negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
13. Establishes purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
14. Develops new supply sources where suppliers are inadequate; and to eliminate single source risks.
15. Develop and negotiate supplier agreements for pricing, supply, terms and conditions and monitor their progress.
16. Conduct supplier visits to evaluate performance and maintain constructive business relationships.
17. Manages activities with Teams abroad; including in person visits and audits with suppliers.
18. Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitor cost during the time period.
19. Ensures purchasing budget limits are followed and keeps track of all costs variances to ensure adherence to policy.
20. Works closely with receiving department to ensure supply arrival.
21. Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
22. Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws and Trade Compliance.
23. Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
24. Support engineering for prototype purchases and supplier selection.
25. Participate as supply chain point person for end of life and obsolescence parts.
26. Ensure Operating System maintenance and part updates are current.
27. Identify and select Freight providers based on price, service and support.
28. Manage Non-Conforming Material process including supplier Corrective Actions and problem resolution.
29. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business required
2. 7 – 10 years’ experience in purchasing/supply chain management
3. APICS certification preferred
4. Must have ERP/MRP Experience (AS400, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.)
Qualifications – Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Requirements
1. Strong knowledge of Supply management and principles required. (Business Acumen).
2. Strong knowledge of manufacturing and distribution systems and practices required.
3. Strong experience with ERP/MRP systems required
4. Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and problem solving skills required.
5. Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Access) required.
6. Ability for work and collaborate within in a team environment required.
7. Must be able to travel for supplier visits (domestic and international; 10% annually).
8. Ability to create Crystal reports for advanced data is required.
9. Must be a results oriented self-starter with excellent leadership skills
10. Must have excellent supplier development and negotiating skills
11. Ability to develop, learn and adapt to new systems and programs as needed
12. Logistics management experience with UPS, Fed-EX, LTL and International
13. Ability to work and resolve business challenges with team members
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
Position requires sitting, standing, lifting, carrying, and walking. Frequent use of computer and telephone. May be required to travel for supplier audits and assessments (domestic and international).
In the future, you may have a buyer and/or clerk for administrative purchase order tasks and maintenance.
At The Innovation Garage®…
We help organizations grow. We build strategy. We build ideas and coach innovation capability of teams. We design products, services and supply chains. We guide leaders from startup to the Global Fortune 50 to intentionally self-disrupt their offerings and companies. We provide world class education, tools and technology on how to craft business operating systems focused on long- term profitable growth